Friday, October 24, 2008

I cried over pb&j...

So, at lunch today, nothing at the deli downstairs in our building sounded good to eat, so I ended up with a cup of chicken noodle soup (homemade, big chunks of chicken, quite yummy after all). On may way back to my office upstairs, a co-worker was talking about pb&j and I suddenly had a serious craving for a pb&j on white bread (I'm usually wheat all the way). I go right back to the deli and - - they are OUT OF PEANUT BUTTER! WHAT!?! I leave the deli and head back to the elevator to go to my office, when my eyes totally start to well up. By the time the elevator doors open, I am crying! OVER PB&J. :(

I sent out an interoffice e-mail and found someone that happened to have a jar of creamy peanut butter in her desk (2 others had crunchy - yuck - lol). I go back downstairs to get bread for my pb&j, and guess what? No jelly! (Except apple jelly, ew!) GAH!! I breathe deeply - - return upstairs with my bread and borrowed peanut butter and scrounge around in our kitchen's office fridge, and fortunately found three lovely grape jelly packets.

Happiness at last. :) I think I will have pb&j for dinner too...on wheat.

No comments: