Friday, April 3, 2009

I found this letter I had typed and saved and wanted to post after our very first ultrasound. I completely forgot about it until sorting through old e-mails today in attempt to clear out over 200 messages. (I know, I can't throw anything away!) So...it's old, but I like it and wanted to share. I must write another letter soon...now that I'm in my 8th month already!!

Letter to our baby:

Today, I am overwhelmed to think about being your mommy in a very short 7 months. I hope that I can be all that you need as your mommy. I know I won't be perfect, and I'm sure you will tell me that more than once in the next 18 years; but I hope you know that everything I will do for you is out of love and concern for what is best for you. I know you won't appreciate that until you are much older, because it took me a long time to feel that way about my parents too. It's normal. Please cut me some slack, as I will you, when you get frustrated. No matter what, I will always love you. Even though you are currently inside and making me feel pretty yucky each day, I know that it will get better when you're here. I have a feeling you may like peanut butter and jelly, because I'm eating lots of that right now for you. I only hope you don't pick up a craving for saltines too. If you hear anything weird in there, please ignore it, your dad and I can be silly sometimes...your name was never really going to be Hector. Also, I hope you like kitties...mommy has one and currently needs another person in the house who wants to keep him.

I can't wait to see you, and see who you will become. I know God already has a plan and purpose for your life, and I pray He keeps you safe until you're in our arms. We love you already!

No comments: