Tuesday, April 14, 2009

33 weeks & doctor appointment update...

I forgot to take a picture Easter Sunday, so hopefully I'll get a 33 week pic up this week! I even got a non-maternity Easter dress. Though it's quite obvious that I am "in the family way" - lol!

We saw our doctor yesterday and were happy to learn that all is well and that I will now be treated as "normal" patient. YAY! That means, no more ultrasounds to monitor the cervix and the progesterone supplements should be stopped somewhere at 35 to 36 weeks. We were happy with the good news, but disappointed that we no longer will get ultrasounds to see our baby. The good thing though, is that this doctor's practice is very much for promoting natural/vaginal births and not pushing c-sections. That means that most doctor's offices that continue to perform ultrasounds and growth scans tend to be off on weight of normal babies and will often urge their patients to have c-sections if the baby is measuring ahead or appear to be "big". Most times, those measurements are just not accurate and there is no need for the c-section. I will continue to be measured on the outside of my belly and unless baby Katelyn just grows astronomically in the new few weeks, we should continue on as normal through our due date.

We have 7 weeks or less...I'm hoping for less, but we'll see what the baby decides to do! :)

We can't believe how soon it will be, and look forward to finally meeting our baby girl!!

No comments: