Monday, May 11, 2009

FULL TERM!!


Eeeks, from that pic - let's hope closer to 6.2 lbs rather than 9.2 lbs. ::gulp::
That's right, as of Sunday 5/10, Mother's Day, I'm 37 weeks. Full-term. Which means, baby can come now any day and that would be just fine! We'll see what she decides to do...

Here is the info from the e-mails that I receive...
"Baby's now the size of a watermelon!You're full-term (yay!) and baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting her first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. She's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!).
At week 37, your pregnancy is considered full term, meaning baby is likely to thrive after birth. Baby spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world. If you worry about giving birth, consider what it’s like for the little one. During the journey out of your womb, baby will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life."
I have pics from our church baby shower this past Saturday that my mom took. Here's the link...
I'll post a 37 weeks pic this week some time.
We have a doctor appointment this afternoon. I don't expect anything exciting to come from it...I don't think my doctor does internals (at least not until you're already in labor)...so I think it will be the usual belly measurement (outside), weight and blood pressure check.
We got some last minute shopping done this weekend, so we don't really have anything else to get. We're as prepared as we can be and now actually have about 200 to 300 diapers. Which I'm told will last all of a month. lol! CRAZY!!

No comments: