Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Time, time, time...

I feel a musical theme beginning...can't you hear the Bangles sing? No? Okay, me either. I will say that with making this blog so early in the process, it gives me plenty of time to read up on all the things I'm supposed to know. However, all of that reading gives me ideas about things I really shouldn't think (or worry) about at this point, or probably ever. (Shawn would agree.) I've read about the Shettles Method and the Whelan Method for determining the sex of your child (we would like a boy - however, a healthy baby is the main goal and we'd be happy with either a boy or girl - Shawn would be happier with twins - OY VEY). In relation, I've read about what diet couples should follow to have either a boy or girl too. (It's odd, I'll say that much.) I've read about determining when you're most fertile and have selected an ovulation chart to use on one of numerous websites available for those "TTC" (trying to conceive). (There's a whole crazy language in blogs and chat/support rooms for those TTC and expectant mommies.) I've read about things I can't repeat in this e-mail because men and women (and squeamish people) are reading it. And despite the fact that I'm not currently pregnant, there has been much reading on baby names, a discussion about which room of the house will be the nursery, and which furniture in our house has to go to make room for the baby furniture, ad nauseum, ad infinitum. I'd like to get to the part where we actually get a positive test and start from there...but as I said in the opening of this blog - - we've discussed having a baby before the "I-do's" were out! So, if you find any good info or advice you'd like to pass along, feel free - I've got time to read it (and Shawn has time to remind me not to worry about it)! At least until the waiting period is over and the baby makin' can happen. I can't blame him though - he just wants to be my baby daddy already! ha ha!

michelle :)

p.s. i now fully intend to steal and use "lqtm" instead of LOL because i prefer "laughing quietly to myself" as opposed to laughing out loud.

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

I guess this means you won't be stamping with us again any time soon. I miss you. But making a baby is much more important and MUCH more fun. Yes, I said it, there are things more fun than STAMPING! My #1 piece of advice, don't work at it too hard. It takes the fun out of it and creates frustration. Relax, enjoy and let God handle the rest.
My love to you ~
LeeAnn