Friday, June 13, 2008

I spend too much time on the internet...

I'm sure that will change at some point - but for now, I'm currently annoyed that I read on this one site that everyone and their sister takes prenatal vitamins even before becoming pregnant - for months and months while trying to conceive. My gyn just told me to take a regular vitamin. I read all about how you have to have folic acid, and a B vitamin that helps with nausea and morning sickness, and all the good stuff in the prenatals that help with conception - and I'm told to just a regular vitamin. Well, I'm going shopping for a prenatal ASAP - - my doctor can just deal with it. I won't be seeing her until we actually conceive anyway. You'd think she'd give me all the help she could knowing that I'm not exactly a spring chick! Sheesh!

michelle

4 comments:

Andrea said...

If it makes you feel any better, I did not start taking my prenatal until I found out we were pregnant and we made twins so go figure!! I'm sure any little bit of vitamins help so don't worry! Oh and don't believe that helping the nausea thing cause I have NEVER heard that and frankly I don't buy it!! haha!! good to see you on Saturday at the shower

Sheree said...

Hmmmm.....no posts in a week. I hope you guys are busy practicing baby making!!!

Baby Trivi said...

Im gonna tell you the same thing Andrea did...we got pregnant without vitamins...I mean hell, I didnt even drink orange juice regularly...and now we are waiting on the arrival of our own linebacker. And there are a ton of ideas to stop nausea...you will just have to see which one works best for you. And, yes, the prenatals that are prescribed do have stuff in them to stop constipation...check with your insurance though...some prenatals are NOT covered by insurance...Ive only used the sample packs from the doctor, other then that....I bought OTC pills, and Ive been fine!

shawnks said...

We are going to be getting vitamins at the dollar store!!