Friday, December 12, 2008

Crazy milestones...

Since I don't journal, this will be the only place I have to look back on for memories about how things have progressed over my pregnancy. I don't want to have blog overload and post daily, but I thought this week's milestone was especially important.

On Monday night, at 15d1w, I felt the baby move for the first time. It felt a little like bubbling water, or popcorn, and went from the top of my pubic bone to just below my belly button on the left hand side. It was unlike anything I felt before (it was not gas - Lord knows I know that feeling after 15 weeks - lol!). I did some research the next day and asked a few friends to confirm, and sure enough, everyone agreed that it definitely was baby movement. I, of course, then had to cry. WOW! I know it's a long way from kicks and outside kicks that people can see/feel, but it was an amazing realization.

Sunday will be 16 weeks and I read ahead in my "week-by-week" information and learned that the baby will be able to hear us starting in the 16th week. (Yep, I cried again.) Time to start reading and singing to baby - YAY! It is unbelievable to think our baby will be able to hear our voices now, so soon.

I know more incredible things are ahead for us and baby...I don't want to forget a moment!

2 comments:

Barb Stewart said...

Now I am crying! We are so happy for you both. We are in awe how God put this all together to create life.
You can read, talk & sing to baby Stewart. Once we know if it's a girl or boy you can call him/her by name. Then "it" becomes a little person! Wow that's amazing. We love you, and can't wait to see our new grand baby. Barb

Lynn Dorval said...

Ok Now you and Barb made me cry!!! That is amazing that you felt it so soon!! Most first time moms are around 20 weeks!! It is ONE of the only things I miss about being pregnant!! BTW Got your text today!!