Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Katelyn is a growing girl...

First, I took Katelyn to the pediatrician today because of a spot on her arm (and several other little spots) that I had noticed were not going away, even after putting baby oil on them for weeks. We were told today at her appointment that the spots are allergy-related eczema. We bought some Aquaphor (spelling?)shampoo and lotion after our appointment for that, per the ped's recommendation. Because it is allergy related, the ped suggested getting rid of our cat. I am allergic to the cat but take meds. Katelyn cannot, and cannot be tested for allergies until age 2. My mom has allergy related asthma (very under control) so hereditarily, it is in line that Katelyn could have some issues. So, we are going to get rid of our cat and have our house seriously cleaned. (Can't wait for that part.) We were also told to buy an air purifier to help her now and later, since allergens can remain for up to a year after getting rid of a cat.

Next - here's where the new mommy guilt became an issue and I lost it in the doctor's office like a big baby - ha ha...Katelyn weighs a whopping 15 pounds 13.5 ounces, and will be 3 months on Thursday. SHE'S A BIG GIRL. So they want me to start her on a tablespoon of cereal per four ounce bottle at night. I can't believe she's so big already and that it's time for cereal. The dr said that if all goes well, in month, we could start veggies at lunch. Oh my goodness!!

Our baby is growing!!

I'll have 3 month pics posted this week.

No comments: