Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!

Today, we have been married for one year! Time has flown, we can't believe we're here already. The journey has just started and we're looking forward to years of adventures to come. (At least that's what my card from Shawn said - hee hee!)

Shawn and I have both been fighting a horrible cold for the past week...unfortunately, we both aren't quite up to par today. But I received a lovely bouquet of 3 dozen red roses at work, along with some chocolate (yay!). I'll try to start getting more pics posted and get one of the flowers up - they are big and beautiful! Tonite, we're going to Ruth's Chris' for dinner and I'm looking forward to that! Despite being under the weather, it's going to be a lovely anniversary. :)

I'm thankful to report that Ike has been forecasted to be well away from us, so we're pretty much in the clear so far. It could come close and brush a few Southern coastal areas so Shawn and his dad could get some claims in...but we're not wishing that on anyone. ha ha.

We had a great time with friends at the Gator/Miami game - Go GATORS!! The box seats were awesome and it was icing on the cake that the Gators kicked butt!!

Speaking of cake, I'll be leaving work early to pick up our anniversary cake! Yum! We ordered our wedding cake and groom's cake from Sprinkles in Winter Park...and instead of having to freeze/save the topper, they offer you a free cake on your one year anniversary if you send them a great photo of the cake from your reception. We did, and now we're getting a free cake topper today! The world-famous "oh my god" cake, with raspberry filling and chocolate cream cheese frosting. I've got to post a pic of that too!! :)

Only 26 days until we leave for Italy!! woo hoo!!

No comments: